Windows 10 operating system. At present, there are a variety of software suites for offices available on Windows 10. But, of the available options, Microsoft Office seems to be the best one.
Microsoft Office files are fully compatible with other software for the office, including Google Workspace. But, as most users utilize Google Chrome, Google Workspace is the most popular choice to handle office files.
We all know that there are instances where we write documents with MS Office applications, but colleagues need them to be Google Documents or vice versa. Google recognizes this and makes sure that you can use your files regardless of the source.
Convert Microsoft Office Files to Google Files
This article will provide an in-depth guideline for converting an Office document into Google File via Google Drive. The process will be simple; adhere to the basic steps listed below.
1. The first step is to start by opening Google Drive on your computer. Open the file you wish to convert into Google Files. In this instance, we will convert a Word Document to Google Docs.
2. Select the new Plus icon, then click on the Upload button. Then browse for the file you wish to convert and click Open.
3. Then, wait until your file uploads into Google Drive. Once it is uploaded, you’ll be able to see the file displayed in the same format as your original Office file.
4. Click on the File button on the menu and select the Save as an option. The type of file you’ve opened will see different options for saving, such as Saving for Google Docs, Saving as Google Sheets, etc.
How to Convert Office Files to Google Files Automatically
Also, you can simplify the procedure of changing Office files into Google Files in Google Drive. Here’s how to do it.
1. To begin, you must start Google Drive and click on the Gear icon like in the image.
2. Then, click Options.
3. Next, select The General option.
4. In the left pane, look for the checkbox that says Convert uploaded files into the Google Docs editors format. After that, click the Done button.
It’s over! You are done. This is how to change Microsoft Office files to Google Files.
This guide is about how to transform Microsoft Office files to Google Files. I hope this article has been helpful to you! Could you share it with your friends as well? Should you be any concerns about this, let us know via the comment section below.